Great news. Coffee is actually good for you.
As well as being loaded full of antioxidants and nutrients such as riboflavin (Vitamin B2), manganese, potassium, pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) and magnesium which is good for optimum health, coffee can also make a huge difference in the way you look.
Here are just a few ways you can harness the power of java and add caffeinated goodness to your beauty regime.
- Eliminate puffy eyes. We have a lot going on and that can often lead to a lack of sleep and subsequently – puffy eyes. Save the grounds from your morning cup of coffee and once they cool apply under your eyes and on your eyelids. After around 20 minutes rinse off with cool water and see those puffy eyes disappear. It works because the caffeine acts as a
diuretic to reduce swelling and puffiness.
- Blast cellulite. Improve the appearance of cellulite in as little as two weeks by mixing together coffee grounds and coconut oil. Apply the mixture to the troubled spots and leave for a few minutes before washing off. The exfoliation and massage help stimulate the blood flow and tighten the skin.
- It’s a perfect facial exfoliant. Coffee beans contain caffeic acid which helps boost collagen production. The caffeine in the coffee will also stimulate your skin and improve circulation which will leave you with a glowing complexion. Simply mix a spoonful of grounds with a few drops of olive oil and if you’d like a drop or two of an essential oil (I love coconut – seriously, there is nothing nicer than the smell of coconut and coffee) and you’ve made
yourself the perfect exfoliant.
- Colour your hair. Who said that blondes have all the fun? Brunettes, if you mix a tablespoon of coffee grounds in to your favorite conditioner and let it sit on your hair for around 5 minutes then you’ll find that it goes a deeper shade and will last until your next shampoo.
- Speaking of hair. Coffee can also help remove product build up and get rid of dandruff. Massage around 1/3 of a cup of ground coffee in to your scalp (ensure it’s wet) and massage for one minute. Not only does this massage help your scalp get super clean but it also produces chemicals such as endorphins and serotonin which will put you in a better mood,
reduce your stress levels and help you feel relaxed. After 60 seconds rinse, wash, and condition. You’ll feel great and your hair will be shinier than ever.
So as well as a delicious wake up, your cup of coffee also serves as a great beauty tool.
Pass us an Americano. Stat.