It’s no secret in the world of health and wellbeing that Kale is somewhat of a lean, green powerhouse machine! In fact, let’s just say it as it is – Kale is the QUEEN of greens.
And for good reason too because just one cup of Kale can do more for your skin, hair, and knails than any beauty product on the market and for a fraction of the price.
This is why it’s of little surprise that the humble green leaf of Kale has started to make a breakthrough in the beauty industry. As a matter of fact, Nails Inc. released a base coat for nails that contained Kale in early 2015. The NailKale superfood polish is an antioxidant, five-benefit base coat infused with kale extract to strengthen nails – for stronger, healthier knails.
But what makes Kale so powerful? And why do we love it so much?
- Kale is high in magnesium (which is good for blood circulation, nerves, and bones)
- Contains five times more calcium than sprouts
- Packs a powerful punch of essential vitamins A, C and K
- Loaded with anti-aging antioxidants
- Has high levels of lutein, which helps prevent macular degeneration
- And so much iron that it has been dubbed “the new beef”
How does it help with your beauty regime?
So, we already know just how much goodness there is in Kale, but what benefits do all these things have to do with the way you look?
Let’s go over the beauty nutrients one by one.
- Vitamin A is a powerful skin smoother
- Vitamin C builds collagen keeping the skin toned and tight
- Vitamin K is important for healthy blood vessels
- Calcium helps maintain strong teeth, bones, and nails while keeping you calm
- Iron strengthens nails and supports strong, shiny hair
All of that in one vegetable? It’s no surprise that the beauty industry have harnessed the power of the green leafy giant.
Who would’ve thought that such a simple vegetable would end up being so fashionable.
To get the most beauty benefits, make sure you lightly steam the leaves before eating to ensure you get every single ounce of power from the leaves.
To beautiful (k)nails,